What a Total "Turn Off"!

Man: "Now that I know more about you, I realized you are such a turn off"
Woman: (ouch)
Ever had this kind of conversation? Not a good one people. It's either: he's a real friend to be this frank or he's a suitor that withdraws to pursue you and he's just mean to hurt you. (harsh)
I came pondering on this exchange made a few days ago, trying to look at it in a different angle.
Then (ting! insert light bulb emoji here) I came up to this premise..."What if Jesus was human like us? Would he still take the cross? Would he still choose me?"
Hey, I know he's 100% human and 100% God. But what if we cross out the immortal part for a moment and focus on being human. Here's some points I figured:
1. His forgiveness meter would probably be low. (He'd totally be turned off on our filthy sins, dirty minds, proud hearts, polluted mouths and derailed dark past.)
2. He'd be weak to carry the cross on his own.
3. He'd give up on loving us, if he was human.
4. He'd nag us of the things he already did for us.

Imagine our doom if he was human! The cross and its mystery is a miracle indeed! Imagine His goodness?! Good thing He is our Messiah. His love is perfectly laid out by Paul in 1 Corinthians
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Therefore, to be 'turned off' is a very human nature. We tend to dislike personalities and traits because we're all different but God commands us to... keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.” (Peter 4:8, emphasis added)
I thank my friend of slapping me of this truth through the conversation above, without it I won't bounce to this reflection.
To live in love is tough for the flesh. So I guess the only way to exceedingly love others is to lean and ask a FULL LOVE TANK from Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts