Fake Joy

While listening to the radio this evening there's this phrase that caught my attention and kept me thinking:
Your relationship with God will be based on the joy you show. This means if you find no joy in you, you better check your relationship with Him. 
 "Ouch!" was my first response then followed by an "Oo nga noh" (yeah, makes sense). Lately I have been so impatient, and paranoid with a lot of things. I've been very aggressive on doing solutions on my own even without consulting it in prayer. I know I prayed but it was just a way to say "I prayed" but never really bothered to listen to Him. The statement really hit me BIG TIME! It made me reflect on my current feelings.

Yes, we can easily fake happiness. Especially me, I can show the world a beautiful smile and a blissful laugh without effort. But how about showing JOY? oops! No can do my friend. We can't fool people of what joy looks. We're only fooling ourselves. Joy comes from the Lord. 
True joy can only be attained as part of the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22). It is that overwhelming sense of comfort and contentment that floods one’s soul. It is the thing that we have when we are walking with the Holy Spirit and mortifying the deeds of the flesh (Rom 8:13 KJV). True Joy comes only when we are focused upon walking with the Lord and esteeming others (Phil 2:3-5 KJV). Since Joy is fruit of the Spirit it is a special gift that only the believer has (Eph 1:12-14; 4:30).
Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-joy-20-uplifting-scripture-quotes/#ixzz35BkAIHin
Its important to always check  our hearts. One thing I pray is that my spirit would be sensitive on whether my heart is right or not with the Lord.
A little doodle I made after this revelation. :D Luke 6:45

Comments

Popular Posts