Leaving Everything for Him

What if Jesus shows up beside you and invites you to be his disciple? Would you be able to leave everything behind and follow him fully? I see two kinds of responses as I go through the gospel of Luke.
  1. The Go! Go! Go! Folks When Jesus called Simon and Levi they immediately did (Lk. 5:11,28). They both left their jobs- source of income- without hesitation, without doubts. What gave them the idea of Christ being the Messiah? They witnessed how he healed the sick, fed the hungry and loved the sinners. They've experienced Christ's being- face to face. They were aware that Jesus was and is the Redeemer.  How much do you know Christ?
  2. "I'll bid my mom good bye" Fellas Are you one of the fellas in Luke 9:57-62, whom the Lord invited but followed halfheartedly? One says "I'll bury my father first" where typical excuse we can make. You say you love him but once He gives you the command or the very first step to take, you go run like you never heard anything at all.

As someone who loves giving orders, its a pleasure for me to have people around me who listens and follows orders/ commands right away. Like, can you do the dishes? do this.. do that... go here.. there... bla.. bla.. bla... without whining. It's a pain to be with complainers, right? Same is true with God. He delights in immediate doers since 'obedience is better than sacrifice' to him.

But don't get me wrong my friend, there's no pressure on this. I believe obedience will always be an issue of the heart. God will always magnify things that you have to give up as you walk on your journey of faith, that is if you choose to. You still have the coin anyway. Which one are you? Are you ready to give it up?

Comments

Popular Posts